18.10.2017 - Holiday Parks Touring Parks
It’s officially Autumn now, everywhere has a beautiful orange glow, and half term and Halloween are fast approaching. Here are some ideas of great events around Kent, as well as free activities for October half term and Halloween fun!
1. Pick your own pumpkin – Carving pumpkins for Halloween is a firm family favourite, but instead of dropping into your local supermarket to buy your Halloween pumpkin, why not pick your own? Click here to find out where.
2. Broadstairs Halloween Trail – Trick or treat throughout Broadstairs and surrounding areas, for children aged 2 – 11 years old dressed up in their scariest Halloween costumes. Children taking part must have a pre-purchased token costing £2. Find out more.
3. Screamland – Dreamland turns into Screamland this Halloween. The biggest and best scare festival in Kent and one not to be missed if you would like to experience the dark side of Dreamland. Book now, tickets are selling out fast!
4. Birchington Fireworks – During the Autumn nothing beats wrapping up warm and watching a dazzling firework display. End your half term at the free Birchington Fireworks on Friday 27th October at St Nicholas-at-Wade Bell Meadow, off Bridges Close.
5. Betteshanger Country Park – There is lots happening in Betteshanger Country Park in Deal this Halloween. There’s trails with prizes to be won, pumpkin carving, and when the sun sets, watch the spooky Hocus Pocus on the big screen under the stars.
6. Dover Castle – Dover Castle will be hosting 4 scary movie nights throughout the October half term from Thursday 26th October to Sunday 29th October, showing a combination of family favourites and classics, within the secret wartime tunnels! Be prepared to watch alongside the ghosts that call the castle home!
What will you be doing this Halloween? If you have any great ideas we have missed – please let us know!